Baraza Kids & Teens
Children are the reward of life - Swahili Proverb
We know that time spent with your family is precious. Baraza is dedicated to ensuring that all our younger guests have a wonderful experience in Zanzibar and that the entire family makes the most of the beautiful natural surroundings, activities and cultural experiences that we have to offer.
Baraza is a peaceful location, blessed with stunning gardens, a spectacular beach and hundreds of Palm trees. Most of the time, children have their feet in the sand and are relishing the beautiful natural environment and the ocean air. Zanzibar is very welcoming to children as they are a beloved as part of the Swahili culture.
Baraza Kids Club
- • A fully equipped Kids club with a variety of toys, games and activities perfect for the kids.
- • Supervised care for potty trained children from 4-12
- • Younger children are welcome to use the kids club if at least one parent or guardian is accompanying them.
- • Air conditioned area with children’s couches, loungers, tables, bean bags & lots of toys, writing materials and activities.
- • Wii
- • Ping Pong, Table Football, Children’s Pool Table
- • Shaded children’s pool
- • A library of Children’s movies
Swahili Children’s Activities
We love to expose our smaller guests to Swahili culture and can arrange:
- • Palm weaving
- • Hat making
- • Swahili classes
- • See how our gardeners climb a coconut tree to get a Madafu (young coconut) for the kids to drink.
- • We can also organize a tour to the village of Bwejuu which is a wonderful opportunity for older children to visit a school, a local clinic & see life in a typical Zanzibari fishing village. Parents must accompany the kids on this tour.
For our older Kids
- • The Waterclub is the natural meeting point for young adults of all ages. Right on the beach, with a lounge area and professional instruction in a range of fun activities.
- • Learn to Kitesurf, Sail, take out a pedal boat, do a reef safari, a snorkeling trip.
- • Learn to Dive at the Rising Sun Dive Center .
- • Get a cool (yes parents…a non permanent) Henna Tattoo, and braid your hair.
- • We can arrange a Mixology class where children can practice mixing mock-tails with our bartenders.
- • Beach Football, Volley ball and Water Polo are organized
Children are welcome to eat in the main dining room however many parents prefer to have an earlier meal with the younger children in a separate venue which we are happy to arrange. There is a children’s menu and our F&B team will discuss with the parents in advance to arrange any dietary requests or requirements.
Babysitters can be organized at an extra charge. Please inquire at the hotel on arrival to make arrangements.