My husband and I went to the Baraza for our honeymoon and had the most wonderful time. The Villas were beautiful, the staff was beyond friendly and the food was amazing!!
We have to give a special thanks to Ken- the food and beverage manager. We are vegetarians and he went above and beyond to make sure that we got the type of meal that we wanted. Not only that…he would also stop by our table at every meal and make sure that we were doing okay! We felt like royalties! lol.
Although we had an amazing time, there were a couple of cons that I think vacationers should be aware off. Here they are:
1) The beach was a little dirty and difficult to swim/walk in because of too many sea urchins.
2) My husband had a nasty cold and asked for Vicks but they didn’t have any. Not only that, but they didn’t have any appropriate medication to give him till the next day. So make sure you take an essential first-aid kit.
3) The nurse that checked him out (2 days later) didn’t know ANYTHING! In fact, he schooled her regarding the medication that she prescribed to him. It could be dangerous for him due to his high blood pressure. Despite that, the hotel charged us USD 50.00 for her “medical consultation”.
4) Although the website says “formal wear” required for dinner, that is not the case…people came in with their shorts and t-shirts and it was all good. We felt like over-dressed idiots the first night lol.
1) Beautiful Villas
2) Exceptional service
3) Amazing food
4) Each Villa gets a personal beach side lounger with tables and an umbrella
5) All meals and drinks- yes including alcohol is included in the price…so drink away!!!
6) Far far far away from all the other resorts so no beach traffic
7) You can rent Games and DVDs from the reception and they have a good collection.
8) All non-motorized boating equipment is included in the price
9) The swimming pool has under-water music!!!
10) Beautiful Cabanas by the pool
All in all, if you don’t need medical help and have the need to swim in the ocean a lot then this is the PERFECT spot. I can’t wait to go back there, with my Vicks of course!
Guest nationality: American
Reviewed August 2, 2011